Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

After a long hiatus

Hiatus: 1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc. 2. a missing part; gap or an unfilled space or interval.

This blog was dusty and needed the furniture rearranged and spruced up, and the windows opened to let out the stale air. Now, it's pages are clean and fresh and ready to have the pages filled. The only thing missing is the smell of a new book. 


I have never been a journal/diary person.  Growing up I loved to receive a new diary.  The smell of the pages were sweet, the feel of the paper crisp and inviting. Turning it over in my hands brought the simplest of joys. Writing in a diary however was not something I would do because I felt once the thoughts were out of my head and on paper, the closeness/ownership of those thoughts were no longer mine. Subliminally I may have felt that by leaving the paper unblemished left open the possibility of new journeys. It took me a long time to write in them but when I did, story telling was what I wrote instead of daily life happenings.  Since the time I first learned to read, I was hooked on wherever the author took me. There is something magical about becoming completely absorbed in a story that you no longer exist in your current space. I have always loved it and admire writers who can take you wherever they want you to go.  


Journals and sketchbooks are still seriously wonderful. I love to draw in them, and the smell of the paper and feel of the grains in the paper grounds me. This brings me to the reason for the new posting. Did you notice the Bible verse at the top of the blog?  While reading it recently, it made me think about my hands, my work, and my life through my hands. Have you ever really studied your own hands and the hands of a loved one. I love my husband's hands. I love touching/holding them. They give me comfort, strength, and peace. He is the right hand and I am the left. The two of us make a pair and I believe make us complete just as God intended. I like to imagine God's hands. He made all of us and everything in our wonderful world. The Bible mentions hands a lot, and I became so captivated that I've started writing down and studying each passage that I find.


I intend to share my journey here through my hands. I hope you find something entertaining or nourishing to your soul and hopefully spur you on to using your own hands in a creative way.


Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord and not merely for people.

1 comment:

  1. JoJo, you know I love the work of your hands! Please don't give this blog up if/when TQS finds and/or resumes theirs.
    Thank you for making me take a good look at my hands as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...