Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

More Half Square Triangle Play

In case you missed my post about half square triangles, you can read it here. After much playing and matching units on the floor, I still ended up with extra hst units. And that is after having enough to do 33 more ships and approximately 35 pinwheel units. I think those are going to be joined together for a fun and comfy quilt that will be perfect when relaxing in our recliner and watching football.

So, what to do...what to do. My baby dog (he's 10 but he's still my baby dog) has a store bought placemat for his water and food. As I was looking at it, I thought hey, what about a custom placemat for Dilly too. I really liked the staggered placement of the squares. I ended up making it 22 inches by 15 inches which actually is a perfect size for people placemats too. I may have to now make us some! Once I was done putting the top together, I used one of the beautiful stitches on my Bernina 770 along with the 1D foot and stared at the line in the foot when quilting it. I made the stitch as long and as wide as it would go and I love how it turned out. And as fate would have it, I had just enough leftover binding from my Piecing through the Decades quilt to bind it. Waste not, want not! I'm so glad I kept that little bit of binding and didn't toss it.

Here's a picture of the back so you can see those cool stitches.
I still have a few more hsts leftover. I'm thinking mug rugs may be in my future!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. JoJo, I like the feather stitch you used to quilt Dilly's placemat. He is stylin' now!!! Isn't it interesting how those HSTs just multiply??? Love your project! Terry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...