Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Creamy, Delicious Coleslaw

I love summer and I'm attempting to will warmer weather back by making coleslaw. My family loves coleslaw. I prefer it in its simplest form (cabbage and carrots). It's easy to whip up in the morning, put in the fridge and have for dinner that night. The picture above shows it right after making it. As it sits in the fridge, the lemon juice and white vinegar will pull out the juices of the cabbage and it will become creamy and oh so delicious.

Are you ready to make it? You know you are already drooling over just one bite! :)

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup sugar (or sugar replacement--I use Xyla)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I love the new Canola mayo)
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 8 cups or 1 pound of chopped cabbage
  • 1/4 cup grated carrots
Directions:
  • In a narrow, tall mixing bowl add in the sugar, salt, pepper, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, and lemon juice. You can whisk all this together by hand but I find that I get a creamier consistency if I use my immersion blender instead. There is a huge difference in how it comes out so if you have an immersion blender, please use it. You will thank me. I blend until everything is creamy and thick and smooth.
  • Put cabbage and carrots in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing to top and with two spatulas, bring the bottom cabbage and carrots to the top. Continue doing this until dressing is distributed evenly throughout veggies (see picture below).
  • Transfer to a smaller dish, cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is soooo good. And, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches will accompany the slaw tonight.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...