Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Israel is our next destination -- Are you coming?

I hope you answered a BIG YES to traveling to Israel with me!

Oregon has been dealing with the craziest, most awful winter storm that just will not go away (snow, ice, damaging wind, rinse and repeat). Freezing rain has been forecast for today so here we go again. I've been stuck in the house for over a week and getting a bit stir crazy because even though I don't have to get out, the fact that I can't makes me want to. LOL

February is quickly approaching so I thought I'd better get myself in gear and start the next souvenir for our trip. In February we are travelling to Israel. Israel is a place I have dreamed of visiting for many, many years. I may never ever get the chance to be there in person so I'm diving in with both feet and including it in our next World Quilting Travel Adventure destination.

The drawing part is finished, and I will be choosing fabrics and starting putting it together this weekend. I'm so excited to share it with you! The anticipation of seeing what you do with each souvenir is wonderful and fun. I love when you share with me. Please check out the link above that shows some of our traveler souvenirs. Please add your link too even if you aren't finished with it yet! 

I have no regular work for the rest of today so I'm planning on working on the border for a quilt that has been on my design wall for much too long. Put it this way, if my quilt was a fine wine, it would be time to drink it! The quilt pattern was designed by Sue Garman and was part of a block of the month at The Quilt Show. I redesigned the center block, ribbon borders and all cornerstone blocks to fit my theme. It took me a long time to choose fabrics that fit my 'old Christmas' theme and then to make all the redesigned areas. The doves were much harder to do than I anticipated, but I love them. Sue passed away before I could post finishing pictures of it, but I think she would like it. Here is a link to Sue's version if you would like to see it. She really was a master designer. I did not know her personally, but I really miss her being here on earth with us. 

Here's a few progress pictures. This quilt will be finished this year God willing.



And this is where I am now. I still have a swag border and a couple narrow inner borders to do but I see the end is near.





1 comment:

  1. Israel, here we come! Your baskets are beautiful on their own; but, stunning in your quilt. Your project has aged well!!! I started Hawaii and have my petals in 'pillows.' I will break out the paints when I finish binding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...