Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

I'm taking a break from starting on the next souvenir to finish this quilt. The next souvenir is finished design-wise and the next step is to start working on it, but my design wall is overflowing with this quilt that has been years in the making. I've tried to make a few of these swag units each week but lately I've been on a mission to get them DONE! All 28 units are now made and the next step is to sew 4 strips together of 7 swags each. I'm going to sew them this week and join the cornerstone blocks that I designed and finished a long time ago. Once I get these borders sewn, I get to measure the quilt and the borders to determine my borders that get sandwiched between the quilt and the swags. There are 4 very narrow borders so while I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not there yet..... But seeing the light has given me a fire in my tummy to reach it. Maybe by July 1 the top will be completed and ready to be basted together for quilting. Hey, a girl can wish!  LOL

This quilt is called Ruffled Roses and was a 2011 block of the month designed by the famous Sue Garman for The Quilt Show. I redesigned many of the sections to fit within my Christmas theme, but the main layout is all Sue's, and she was a master at designing beautiful, intricately pieced quilts. This one is no exception. It has stretched me in a good way. I am a better piecer because of Sue.

Have a blessed week enjoying loving, creating, and using those hands God gave you. I plan to do so as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are 28 beautiful swags and they are going to look amazing on your quilt!! Way too go!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...