Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Do you love...

and then fill in the blank. The word Love is used too easily and on everything from food to things, to sports, to movies, and on people. It may seem to have lost its strength; however, there is tremendous power in Love especially when it seeks the best for another without expecting anything in return. The shooting this week in Las Vegas tore my heart in two, and I had to put my thoughts to words. I do not know any of the concert attendees but I ached for them and their loved ones. In my grief, I searched the Bible and listened to how Jesus responded when asked what is the first commandment of all.

Mark 12:28-31:

“28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, ‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ 29 ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”


The love that was shown by so many that tried to protect others (many of which were strangers) even when they themselves were injured is the true definition of love. I want to always have that kind of love, and I pray for that same love for you too. Jesus commanded us to love one another just like he loves us. That means it is not an option. The question is--can we obey His commandment? As Pastor Jeremiah recently preached on: Love is not a feeling. It's an action. Love is a response, Love is a verb, Love is what we do more than what we feel. The feelings come after the action.

In the face of so much heartache in our world, it may feel overwhelming in the sense of what can one person do. I'm praying to God about what I see is needed in my area and how there is no way I alone can fulfill those needs. I'm waiting on Him to open up doors that I alone cannot do. Would you join me in doing the same in your community?

A good showering of Love will do the world a world of good.


1 comment:

  1. Love is agreeing to at your husbands request, use the rotisserie chicken for chicken alfredo even though you had your heart set on rotisserie chicken and potato salad. This happened at the super market tonight. I was more than happy to do this for him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...