Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Camera, Action, Shoot!


Famous for a day! LOL. Sorry for the blurry picture. The board is digital and backlit and my phone couldn't seem to focus correctly. I sure had a fabulous day sharing my love of hexagons with some 60 ladies that were kind enough to interrupt their enjoyment of looking at all of the wonderful quilts on display at the Milwaukie Quilt Show. The show continues through tomorrow and really shouldn't be missed. I hope you will check it out for yourself.

And I had to pinch myself because I came face to face with Bill Volckening. I've followed his blog for years but this was the first time we've met in person. He was as nice in person as he is in print! Bill has an amazing display of some of his prized collections so there is another reason to not miss this year's show.

This beautiful hexie top below belongs to Wendy Sternberg, one of my BOM students, who graciously allowed me to display it during the demonstration. The 3/8 inch hexies are like droplets of rain...each more wonderful than the next. If I remember correctly, she has been working on it for two years. It is about 45 inches wide so far. Isn't it beautiful.
Great news!!! We will soon be welcoming new hexie aficionados because several ladies attending the demo decided to join the Hexie Block of The Month class and the Hexie 101 class that I teach at Pioneer Quilts. Woohoo. This is a cause for celebration! 

And speaking of block of the month, I'll be cutting fabric tomorrow for the May block. Next Saturday, March 28, everyone will get the March block and get to see April's block so they can start picking out fabrics. I need to stay a month ahead and am hoping to get a few months ahead.
And lastly, here I am with my Dilly dog. I love this picture of him. If that isn't a big smile, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...